My second mostly independently made slow cooker recipe!
- 1 15 oz can Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14 oz can vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked converted long grain rice (I used brown rice and it needed to cook longer than the time listed)
- 1 and 1/2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed and drained
- 1 small jar prepared pesto (the recipe calls for 1/2 cup, but it makes 8 servings, so I used the whole jar)
- Grated Romano cheese
It doesn’t get much easier.
- Put Great Northern beans, rice, and broth in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on Low 2 hours.
- Stir in green beans.
- Cook on Low an additional hour until rice and beans are tender. (Rice was not done after an additional hour, but it finished on High in just a few minutes.)
- Turn off. Stir in pesto and cheese. Let stand covered 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
This was so easy and surprisingly satisfyingly delicious. When I make it again, I will add sundried tomatoes and/or toasted pine nuts at the end.